The Friends of Dahomey NWR has a vast range of projects, and we need volunteers to help make our current projects a success. In addition, if you have a special project you would like to suggest, please e-mail us.
- Participating in a local arts fair to increase our name recognition and recruit new members.
- Producing a Powerpoint presentation on Dahomey NWR to be presented to any audience from elementary school classes to civic organizations.
- Installing a second kiosk for hunter information.
- Applying for a grant to build a nature photography blind.
- Building an all-weather trail for birding and other nature observation. The trail travels through meadow habitat and around a lake in an area undergoing reforestation. More Info
- Landscaping with native plants around a kiosk Friends helped install. The kiosk is in front of the headquarters building on Highway 446.